Fixed Walk On Glass Floors
The structural glass floor panels of these solutions are sturdy, seamlessly detailed, and flawlessly designed. Supported by a variety of beam options to smoothly integrate them into the aesthetic of your property, your glass solution can comprise as many structural glass floor panels as you want.
While aesthetic is hugely important to us, we also recognise that there are occasions when freedom and innovation are trumped by safety – fire regulations mean that in some situations, fire-rated glass is required. Not only can we accommodate these requirements – but we can do so while avoiding any need to sacrifice creativity and freedom in design. We understand that fire regulations are a very specific field, and we are more than happy to guide any client through the process, ensuring not only that regulations are met, but that the result is visually spectacular.
Our fire-rated glass floors offer the absolute highest quality in insulation and protection – even with a fire raging nearby, they can still be walked on with no adverse effects. They will satisfy even the most fastidious of building inspectors, and do so in true luxury style. Have a project in mind? Contact us to discuss how to make a multi-panel glass floor a part of your design.
- Clear silicone joints between panels ensure an almost uninterrupted view when looking through the glass.
- Larger multi-panel floors can be supported by aluminium, steel or even glass beams
- Top-quality sound and heat insulation
- Framework is covered with a painted strip around the edge of the glass, hiding unsightly framework and producing a sleek border effect.
- Multiple panels mean installation can often be completed without the use of a crane.
- Easily adapted for each client’s needs – obscured glass can be used for privacy, and anti-slip/heat mirror coatings can be applied for safety and extra insulation
- Endless variety – thickness and size of glass can be altered to suit your needs, be they weight bearing (for instance, under a car in a garage) or purely aesthetic.
- Both 30-minute and 60-minute fire-rated glass floors available
- Endless customisation – can be fitted with obscured glass for privacy, or clear glass panels to facilitate light transfer.
- Safe and secure. Anti-slip coating, heat mirror films and more can be applied, and these designs aren’t fragile or delicate – this truly is a walk-on glass floor.
Why choose a fixed walk on glass floor?
- To cover larger floor spaces, and create an impressive, vast and timeless effect for your home or property, with minimal installation hassle when compared with other large glass solutions
- To create whole extensions or exterior spaces, extending the usable floor space of your home
- To add a stunning glass fixture that can be appreciated and enjoyed in more than one room, or space.
- To seamlessly divide different areas of your home or property, adding a sense of continuity and flow
- To give your home an ambience that is at once timeless, yet modern.
- To highlight particular spaces or features within your interiors or exteriors, for instance to provide a view down into a wine cellar.
- To include all the aesthetic and ambient luxury of all Cantifix solutions, with the added security of fire-rated specifications
- To maintain access along fire-escape routes (which often require fire-rated glass floors as standard)
- To meet any building fire-requirements as necessary
Who are our walk on glass floors for?
- Homeowners looking for a practical but elegant large-scale glass feature, to either extend their spaces or improve the aesthetics of existing spaces.
- Homeowners for whom safety is a top priority, but don’t want to lose the luxury afforded by Cantifix glass solutions.
- Architects looking to implement a large glass floor, without the inhibitive restrictions of alternative structural glass floor panels – adding a luxury flair to their designs.
- Architects, designers and building planners who wish to include a glass floor in their plans, but need to meet fire safety regulations
- Architects or designers who want a modern and innovative walk-on glass floor