Glass Swimming Pool Enclosures
Over the years, we’ve worked on a number of projects that feature swimming pool glazing, from large, commercial projects in leisure centres and hotels, to smaller residential projects with a (relatively) small pool area – there’s not a lot we don’t know about swimming pool glazing.
One of the most common interventions when glazing around pools is a glass roof. Whether it’s a behemoth 12m retractable pool enclosure, like the one we created for one particularly ambitious client, or a more humble fixed roof, the interplay of the sunlight streaming through the glass with the pool surface is always a thing of beauty.
While retractable swimming pool enclosures and fixed roofs are popular choices, we’ve also installed minimal Sky-Frame doors, our own PureGlaze system, and even a glass sluice gate to control the level of the pool in a hotel.
Have a project in mind? Contact us to find out more about how swimming pool glazing could become a part of your design.
- Swimming pool enclosure glazing requires special paintwork or anodising on the frames and fixtures to prevent corrosion
- We always specify toughened, laminated glass in a pool environment, so that in the event of a breakage, glass shards aren’t floating around the pool
- Heated glass is also a popular option in pool environments, to prevent condensation and mistiness
- Switchable glass can also be used for control of privacy when necessary
- When installing a floor in an area likely to get wet, building regulations stipulate anti-slip glass must be used, and we always recommend the highest level of anti resistance around pool areas
Why choose glass for a swimming pool enclosure?
- To create a unique ambience around a pool
- To ensure complete climactic control of a pool area
- To allow natural light into a space that traditionally tends to require high levels of artificial light
Who is swimming glazing for?
- Designers looking to make a statement with their pool spaces
- Homeowners or businesses looking to create a unique environment for relaxation and fun